Sign up for a free trial jazz piano class!
Watch a replay and gain access to resources of a trial class about how to jazz up O Christmas Tree. It’s all free but you still have to “enroll” so we can send you the access links.
Jazz piano for the rest of us.
How many times have you opened a jazz book only to be instantly overwhelmed with crazy-hard advanced concepts? The logical conclusion is that the genre is either too hard for mere mortals or involves some kind of mysterious ability that only gifted people possess. Not true! It only takes about 10% talent. The other 90% is stuff anyone can learn with the right tools and individual coaching but that other stuff is hard to find. Let me show you the sophisticated tunes, jazz chords, creative concepts, and lesser-known techniques used by jazz piano pros.
Learn to improvise online
Study with a seasoned teacher who understands the mindset of classically-trained pianists.
Watch replay videos of lessons you miss or want to review.
Build your skills with organized, pre-set topics, tunes, and takeaways.
Take a single class or stay onboard; no long term commitment.
See it all with multiple camera angles and the latest teaching technology.
Opt for active participation on or watch passively off camera (group lessons only).
Share practice videos for individual feedback in a private Facebook group
Choose an option to learn more:
Online Jazz Piano Class– For intermediate to early advanced “recovering” classical pianists interested in learning to play off page.
Individual “a la carte” lessons – Temporary one-on-one lessons arranged on an “as available” basis online or in-person.
88 Creative Keys - Workshops and webinars to help pianists play and teach more creatively.
Understand pop/jazz chord symbols and voicings.
Play “stock” solo piano styles from a lead sheet.
Embellish, improvise, and customize well-known tunes.
Layer bass, harmony, and melody for a full “hand band” sound.
Stretch 32-bar tunes into an extended performances.